As it celebrates the 150th anniversary of the 501 jeans, Levi’s gathers people’s life moments together with its champion piece, proving that there is no occasion one can’t wear its signature creation. This year, the brand launches its year-long celebration, “The Greatest Story Ever Worn” campaign.
- The traditional mesh tank tops one sees at a Jamaican Carnival are recast in Theophilio collections as cropped knits in softer textiles. The Jamaican flag colors of green, black, and mustard yellow—what Thompson refers to as the “Rasta Pantone”—appear in every show. And then there is his very deliberate casting: gleaming Black goddesses with knee-length braids who carry themselves with ease.
- Sahadeo, stylist and owner of the local brand Seora Clothing, got the honour of a lifetime when Kabaka, who is her longtime client and friend, requested her eye when putting together his look for the 65th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California.
- After last month's teaser at Paris Fashion Week, today sees the official launch of the Jamaican Football Federation's partnership with Adidas and Grace Wales Bonner – and it's a banger. The days of shirt-as-afterthought are long gone: the football shirt market is a behemoth, with legions of collectors looking for retro grails and future star pieces in equal measure.
- Trinidad's much-adored label, The Cloth, has found a home at Island Magnolia, Harmony Hall, in a match made in style heaven. Claiming space as one of the region's most imaginative brands, The Cloth's distinctive shapes and textures celebrate a Caribbean aesthetic that is thoughtfully bold and elegant with unique architectural expressions.
- Beautiful, bold and unique. These words resonate whenever you think of Sammy B Designs. And it is just one of the reasons why popular retail corporation, Target, approached Jamaican designer, Samantha Black, about collaborating for its Black History Month showcase.
- British-Jamaican menswear designer Bianca Saunders is making major waves in the sea of fashion, while continuously honing in on aspects of her Jamaican heritage as inspiration. Her Autumn/Winter 2023 collection ‘Playwork’, recently shown at Paris Fashion Week (PFW), was inspired by Jamaican comedian Oliver Samuels’ ‘90s hit show Oliver at Large. Oui, Oliver made it to ‘Paree’.
- Although many consumers’ purchasing preferences are shifting from in-store to online shopping, Jamaican store owners say locals still enjoy crowding into shops in search of the ideal gift to present to loved ones during the Yuletide season.